Saturday, August 8, 2009

Haiku ~ written August 7-8 2009


~

ferret only holds
when it could bite through my hand
honors me with teeth

~

dog and tail are one
but excited, happy, scared...
dog and tail are two

~

walking through the park
most people oblivious
wind, trees wave at me

~

dog chained in the yard
no shade, food, water - nothing
owner's cool in house

~

small bird in a cage
he and I are quite the same
wanting our freedom

~

I look to the light
a crescendo of the sun
too bright, much too bright


~

cure for depression -
balance neurochemicals...
tears work better

~

trying to build trust
like the sand in an oyster
one grain at a time


~

anger; frustration
I hear them walking loudly
- best friends forever

~

half heart of a man
longing, beating to be whole
sacrificed its half


~

the teaming ocean
violent storms or gentle waves
made of single drops


~

the root is wretched
it struggles out of the earth
becoming stunning

~

constant color grey
even in the negative
is always seen grey

~

eyes to eyes with him
nose to cold black nose we are
canine in my soul...

~

kennel door opens
always the pups adopted
old dogs fade to black

~

washing the dishes
suddenly enlightenment!
drying the dishes

~

strafing like biplanes
the readhead is on his six!
(hummingbirds feeding)

~

melting ice floe breaks
struggling white-furred paws paddle
black nose goes under...


~

my two year old girl
asks me what holds up the sky?
and I do not know

~

grooving to myself
quiet neighborhood, loud song
police flashlight shines


~

sparrow, legs curled, cold
under the tree where he sang
one that God forgot

~

married in secret
it was their custom to rage
against traditon

(#haikuchallenge for "custom")

~

bats soaring at night
aerodynamic chaos
makes the moon flicker


~

broken down city
buildings echo a gunshot
no one notices
...

~


No comments:

Post a Comment