Friday, August 28, 2009

Haiku ~ written August 20-28 2009


~

my twitter window
on computer monitor
personal ant farm


~

each tweet, a ripple
butterflies above the pond
causing hurricanes


~

zen is very much
like noticing the slash mark
in between two/words


~

punished by myself
for the lot of joys I passed
waiting to be good

~

under solemn oath
the fox treed by tired hounds
promised them all naps

~

never expecting
changes in your stagnant life
does not hinder them

~

sleeping through my life
warm and safe, caught up in dreams
God yanks the covers

~

the cracks in my heart
repaired by time's arteries
drop, by drop, by drop

~

lights, slow sensor beeps
the room clock synchronizes
with my traitor heart

~

thoughtless wind frees them
twirling ghosts pass ancient eyes
he and leaves are one

~

singed fur, lifeless eyes
subhuman evil giggles
tiny voices mewl

~

seventh-story glass
stares out for a hundred miles
and whispers to stars

~

and if I wouldn't die
would I still sit near the sun
like I dare today..

~

traffic lights changing
the wind swings them back and forth
flipping plastic cups

~

squealing rubber burns
subwoofers rattle windows
drowned-out crickets sing

~

beautiful bare feet
pretty lady with a cane
wears pain on her face

~

just one little me
looking at the world so big,
wondering so wide

~

if I understood
what kind of sushi 很 was
I would order two

~

after the rain stops
trees blow-dry their soaking leaves
with solar power

~

without a pink slip
mountainous old-growth forest
is given the axe

~

I'm the one she cursed
how furious one must be
to become that curse

~

human saline drips
in the cracks between the keys
circuit board encroached

~

whirring, clicking buzz
electromechanical
lights blink "One Free Play"

~

kissing, making up,
last thoughts in the confused space
behind blackened eyes

~

black and white jumping
two old men playing checkers
two kids twirling rope

~

phone to satellite
thousand mile round trip to say
"hold on a minute..."

~

no after-sex glow
no shared dreams, no eye-gazing
just watching TV

~

who needed it more?
the starlet with sultry eyes
or the chinchillas..

~

each of us living
intrepid and cowardly
like fat men dancing

~

"made in His image"
photoshopped, resized and cropped
malformed artifacts

~

our purpose in life
taken so seriously
God's television

~

every day, sunshine
ants crawl, birds sing, babies born
monotonousness

~


No comments:

Post a Comment